5.11.10



The Armoury District
I'm still referring to my studio as "my new studio." After 17 years in the old studio at 1000 Parker Street, 2 years at 1707 Fir Street still feels very new. I like everything about my new neighbourhood. There are some delicious food purveyors, a guerilla gardening project across the street on the old Arbutus rail line, and, with the proximity to the water, the air always feels so fresh. I'm also a hop-skip away from Granville Island, home to my "second studio," Dundarave Print Workshop, and
Kroma Paints, Opus. Even my frame supplier is just halfway down the alley. Since the spring, my neighbourhood has been evolving. A variety of new businesses, many related to art and design, have started sprouting up north of fourth avenue, between Granville and Burrard. There's even a new blog to announce The Armoury District
(named after the Seaforth Armoury on Burrard and 1st.)

Ah, looks like I'd better wash my studio window...